Whether you agree or not – whether you see it or not – eyebrows are the center and key pieces of one’s face. Despite being in the background, eyebrows really do change the game once properly addressed.
Fuller-looking eyebrows may take a village to get, however, once you get the final result it does wonders for you. Suddenly all your features seem much sharper, the face tone and structure become much more highlighted.
If you compare the before and after results, you yourself will see the difference. So now the question is how to color eyebrows.
There are different home methods that can be used instead of just the regular eyebrow pencil. Here is a guide to get those snatched eyebrows in no time.
Do It Yourself At Home
Instead of spending hundreds of dollars at salons or the more painful microblading, try achieving the perfect eyebrows at home first.
For this method to work, you can follow any of these tint recipes below:
Aloe Vera, Activated Charcoal, and Cocoa Powder
- To a bowl add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel. This can either be store-bought or fresh off a plant.
- To the gel add 1 teaspoon of cacao powder and mix completely.
- Add the activated charcoal capsule in part. You can start with ¼ capsule and work your way up to achieve the desired tint.
- After the desired tint is achieved, it is ready to be applied to your eyebrows. You can leave it in for 20 minutes, before washing.
- This concoction can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Petroleum Jelly and Eyebrow Shadow
- Break and completely smash old eyeshadow in colors such as brown, bronze, or black into fine powder in a small bowl.
- Add your petroleum jelly and that is it!
- You can leave the mixture into your eyebrows for 10 to 20 minutes.
- This mixture can also stay fresh for several months. Although we would suggest keeping it at room temperature, in an air-tight container.
Coffee Grounds, Cocoa Powder, Coconut Oil, and Honey
- Add 2 tablespoons of coffee to a bowl. These coffee grounds don’t have to be fresh, but old coffee grounds can also be used, which we will suggest for a cheaper solution.
- To the coffee grounds at 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder. Mix it well.
- To the mixture add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and honey respectively.
- After mixing it well, let it sit for a minute or two before using. Leave the tint in for 20 minutes before it can work its magic.
- The mixture can only be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Pro tip: you can microwave the coconut oil for a few seconds before adding it to the mixture for easy mixing.
Henna and Lemon Juice
- Henna is universally known for its dyeing properties. Specifically for a red dye, this method should be followed.
- In a bowl add a few spoonsful of henna, and then just add lemon juice to it.
- You will need to eyeball the quantities depending on the henna. Just remember to form a thick tint-like mixture.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 8 to 12 hours before application.
- The tint can be left on for a minimum of 20 minutes and maximum of 2 hours depending on the color you desire.
Eyebrows can be difficult to figure out, however, once you understand and form the shape of them, tinting can be an easy and cheap solution to achieving greatness.
Try out the different recipes above and pick the tint that is the closest to your hair color. Once you know the basics, the rest is easy to achieve snatched eyebrows!